photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sponsor Spotlight: Plantation



Plantation is a unique lifestyle design store with two locations in Los Angeles, and a third store in San Francisco, as well as a comprehensive website that can be accessed from any destination. In addition to that, they ship their accessories all over the world and their furniture can be shipped anywhere in the United States. Plantation’s unique concept combines trendy, posh accessories with custom furniture that is made to the specifications of each client. Everything is made in Los Angeles and is fully customizable. When ordering furniture, clients can change the dimensions by up to four inches in any direction with no extra charge and they are able to choose from a vast array of finishes and fabrics (or bring in their own fabric, if they prefer), ensuring that their piece will be completely different from the next.



Plantation just celebrated its 10th Anniversary in December, proving the undeniable strength of their concept. In regards to his design philosophy, owner Mark Cole says "my design ideas are [very] visual and palpable. Seeing something, feeling it, and being motivated by it takes me in a new direction. Anytime I see something that catches my eye, whether it's in a European hotel lobby, or a friend's home, it ignites my imagination." The result is a collection that is at once cutting-edge, chic, and luxurious.




Because of the company’s ever-changing selection of stylish accessories and love of everything that is “au currant”, they are an interior design staple for celebrity clients such as Madonna, Diane Lane, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera, and Lindsay Lohan. They have also been featured in countless publications (House Beautiful, Domino, Elle Décor, Western Interiors, etc) and on numerous television shows (Top Design, HGTV, and Style Network’s Dress My Nest hosted by Thom Filicia). Plantation is the ideal store for anyone looking to create a posh, stylish, and well-designed space.


The following are some of my favorite pieces from Plantation's Custom Furniture Line. There are so many wonderful details: luxurious fabrics, tufting, nailhead trim, etc. I love that there is a vintage vibe to some of these pieces, yet they manage to feel completely current.

The Capri Chair


The Tuscadero Chair




The Remy Chair
I can totally picture this at the Sterling Cooper offices in Mad Men!





The Crown Chair


The Matador Bench




The Nikita Bench


The Van Dyke Sofa


The Roma Sofa was used by Ondine in the finale of Top Design's second season.

The Remy Sofa: I love the shape and color!
The Chelsea Coffee Table: I die over this table! So perfect and so functional. It can be used together, as shown, or the tables can be seperated. It is hands-down, my absolute favorite.

The Powell Coffee Table provides a touch of classic glamour.





The Paris Bed

The Gallery Prism Mirror would be beautiful in any room.

I have posted about this amazing Octopus Triptych before. It makes such a statement and is actually available in a few different colors.



The Octopus is currently enjoying his moment in the sun! These hand-sculpted glass creatures are very popular and also come in several colors.



The Everest Pillows in Royal Blue




This is such a great piece! The Atomic 28 floor lamp is also available as a table lamp and chandelier.




What I have shown you in this post is only a small selection of the fabulous collection of furniture and accessories available through Plantation. Be sure to
visit their website for more amazing finds!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE plantation so much, i wish i could afford the beds...just sooo glam!

Anonymous said...

Love love love the remy chair and sofa! The colors and fabrics are soo plush and glamalicious!

Anonymous said...

I love Plantation! As soon as I saw the contestants on Top Design using their products I immediately visited their site. They have such a beautiful collection.

Kylie

Anonymous said...

I don't think my previous comment went through...

I love Plantation! Immediately following the first time the contestants of Top Design shopped their products, I visited their website and fell in love with so many of their products. Can you please send that coffee table my way? :)

Kylie

Unknown said...

Oh, I know, Kylie! I would love that coffee table!

Unknown said...

Oh, I know, Kylie! I would love that coffee table!

Anonymous said...

I love the Powell table and that mirror. Gorgeous stuff!